Sunday, September 10, 2017

SPICY SUNDAY: Tangy and spicy Fish Roast.


Fish is an extremely easy meat to make and is one of the best quick dishes for your weekly lunch/dinner...
And though I make a mean kerela fish curry, my kids are not too fond of any kind of fish curry...
They prefer the crispy fried fish that my mom makes, but last night I was in no mood for another batch of fried fish!!
So I tried my hand at another version of not fried, but pan-roasted spicy, tangy fish fillets...
The recipe was something that I had seen somewhere on the internet, I wasn't able to recall where but the ingredients kind of stayed with me.
I think its a south Indian version of fried fish, because I remember it having curry leaves!
So with whatever I could remember, I tried and believe me, it came out lip smacking good!!
complete thumbs up, and most of all, with minimum oil!
And the kids gobbled it up!

So here is the recipe... simple and quick and completely guilt free.

SPICY and TANGY PAN-ROASTED FISH

Ingredients:
8-10 pieces of single bone fish with skin
1 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder (adjust to your taste)
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
salt to taste
8-10 curry leaves
1 1/2 tbsp oil

Method:

  1. Mix all the masalas- coriander, turmeric, cumin, chilli powders with ginger garlic and lemon juice in a bowl.
  2. Rub the marinade generously on the fish and leave for half an hour.
  3. Heat oil in a shallow frying pan and add the curry leaves first, let sputter and then add the fish pieces one by one.
  4. Don't crowd the fish, cook on medium heat till golden brown on one side.
  5. Flip the fish to cook till golden on the other side.
  6. Cook all the fish in a similar fashion.
  7. Serve hot off the pan with lemon wedges and onion rings.
Enjoy!!


1 comment:

  1. Great article, Thanks for your nice data, the content is quiet attention-grabbing. i'll be expecting your next post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...