Friday, September 8, 2017

September 2017 Calendar- art with Tea

Like I tried my hand last month with a portrait (here), painting with tea or coffee gives a different feel.... though it has the same requirement as a watercolor.
But it needs a lot more patience (lots of building up of layers) and a really good quality of watercolor paper so that with the umpteen applications of water loaded brush, it doesnt warp.
And it has a lovely warm sepia tone to it, so this time I took a different route than my usual portraits...
I made a sepia toned, old door that I drew from my collections of old door photographs of my ancestral home...
they've all been torn down (except one) and I have a lot of childhood memories associated with this doorway!
I am still not very happy with the details, but one cant put too many details with a tea art... the color pigments are too weak.
But I hope you like it! :)

This one is for your phone and tablet:



And this one is for your Laptop and Desktop!!


If you like it, dont forget to share and comment below in the comment section.
I would love to hear from you!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!simple yet majestic

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful and soulful calendar. Thank you for that and will put on laptop. Love the color layers which is very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...