"All indications point to this being a historic hurricane," says President ObamaHurricane Irene is everywhere......
On the news, in conversations...in notices on our building notice board and elevator...
This is the biggest natural disaster waiting to hit NYC...in fact New York City has not experienced anything like this ever!!
We can see terrifying pictures and videos on the net and the news which we cant seem to tear our eyes away from!
Low-lying areas might get flooded...waves might go very high...not high as tsunami, but high enough to be really scary....
The public transport is supposed to stop functioning from mid day tomorrow and all the places near the harbour/ beach/ riverfront are being evacuated...
People are being told to stay indoors and avoid moving anywhere over the weekend...
A quarter of a million New Yorkers have been ordered to leave homes in low-lying areas of Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens, as authorities are preparing for dangerous storm surge and flooding on Sunday in the city and farther east on Long Island......and btw....we are living in Queens!!!
"We've never done a mandatory evacuation before and we wouldn't be doing it now if we didn't think this storm had the potential to be very serious," NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg told a news conference,today.
And so we have also done our preparation....
- 1- candles (check)
- 2- fully charged torches and batteries (check)
- 3- crate of mineral water (in case there is water shortage)-check!
- 4- bathtub filled with water for emergency usage. (check)
- 5- necessary eatables...so that we can stay cooped inside for 2 days! (check)
- 6- DVDs all ready along with popcorn packets...books in case the electricity goes (check) :-)
- 7- a bag full of extreme necessities (passport, money, phone, camera and yes-diapers) on the ready in case of evacuation.....( check)
Have I scared you guys enough? hahaha...I know I shouldnt be so gleeful and I feel like kicking myself for not feeling more panicky....but you know what- I am enjoying all the hoopla!!!
hehehehe...cant help myself...getting to experience this too in good ol' America!!!
Will keep u guys posted once all this gets over!
WATCH THIS SPACE...... (you might even get live coverage...hahahaha)